By Bhikkhu Nanamoli
Read or Download Anapanasati - Mindfulness of Breathing PDF
Similar religion books
Sorry, i need to disagree with no less than a part of the idea of the booklet. whereas I agree that God can and does convey stable out of undesirable. .. and that i agree that the lives of Bunyan and Brainerd are marvelous illustrations of that truth; William Cowper's scenario is especially troubling to me. The statement that his madness and his worry that he was once predestined for Hell used to be by some means a blessing from God simply doesn't face up to the scriptures which kingdom: "God has no longer GIVEN us the spirit of worry, yet of strength, and of affection, and of a valid brain.
This article deals a viewpoint at the composition and reception of Luke-Acts in terms of the class "Pauline Christianity" because it has been used to explain traditions, groups and people hooked up to Paul. This inquiry is pursued alongside 3 traces: the reception of the Acts of the Apostles and the "Pauline" Luke via Iranaeus is addressed; the compositional intentions of the writer of Luke-Acts in developing "Pauline" Christianity are analyzed; and the literary Paulinism of the writer is separated from the Paulinism of his resources.
This is often the 1st ebook to do a longer comparative examine of start annunciations within the Hebrew Bible and historic close to jap Mythology. This publication takes a structural method of the Heberw bible and close to japanese Mythology by way of compraring and contrasting some of the varieties and services. start annunciations play a tremendous position in every one of those narratives and the writer claims that there's a textural overlap to be studied.
- Why We Believe What We Believe: Uncovering Our Biological Need for Meaning, Spirituality, and Truth
- Das Markusevangelium materialistisch gelesen
- El Libro De Las Religiones
- The Production of Prophecy: Constructing Prophecy and Prophets in Yehud
- Wisdom Epistemology in the Psalter: A Study of Psalms 1, 73, 90, and 107
- The Neon Bible
Extra info for Anapanasati - Mindfulness of Breathing
Personification of the Dhamma by meditators in olden days seems to have been simply a means of teaching Dhamma at a certain time and place and to a certain group of people who by nature believed everything to be possessed of magic power. Such beliefs are now outmoded. (9) Radiating loving-kindness (mettà): The cus- tom of radiating loving-kindness towards all living beings before beginning, the practice proper has been handed down to us through many channels — some based on reason and insight and some on faith and superstition.
6) Travel (addhàna palibodha): Worry resulting from making journeys constitutes an impediment for two kinds of person. It is an impediment first of all, for anyone who practises while travelling. In this case 55 the meditator must not allow himself to be worried about anything related to his journey, such as where he is going to stay the following day, and the like. The technique for eliminating this impediment is to feel as if one is travelling only a short distance. Secondly, it is an impediment for a person who trains while staying in one place, but who enjoys travelling to distant parts.
58 (9) Study (gantha palibodha): It is not practica- ble to practise mental development and study at the same time. If a person has decided to take up the practice of mental development in earnest, and if he wishes to attain the full result of the practice, he must suspend his studies. ) Anyone who is addicted to bookish learning will definitely have to give up his attachment. Likewise a teacher must give up any attachment to his teaching if he is to gain the full result of the practice. (10) Supernormal powers (iddhi-palibodha): Some people become attached to the idea of gaining miraculous or magical powers, which they find very tempting.
Anapanasati - Mindfulness of Breathing by Bhikkhu Nanamoli