By Gauss M. Cordeiro, Francisco Cribari-Neto
This e-book provides a concise advent to Bartlett and Bartlett-type corrections of statistical checks and bias correction of element estimators. The underlying suggestion in the back of either teams of corrections is to procure better accuracy in small samples. whereas the main target is on corrections that may be analytically derived, the authors additionally current substitute recommendations for bettering estimators and checks in accordance with bootstrap, a knowledge resampling method and talk about concrete purposes to a number of vital statistical models.
Read or Download An Introduction to Bartlett Correction and Bias Reduction PDF
Similar econometrics books
A working laptop or computer instruction manual to accompany "Introduction to the idea and perform of Econometrics" (Second edition).
This ebook offers subject matters in utilized dynamic macrotheory for closed and open economies. The authors provide a complicated therapy of macroeconomic subject matters reminiscent of the Phillips curve, ahead and backward taking a look habit, open financial system macrodynamics, structural macroeconometric version development in addition to the empirics of Keynesian orientated macro types.
This quantity stories and summarizes a few of A. I. McLeod's major contributions to time sequence research. It additionally comprises unique contributions to the sector and to similar components via individuals of the festschrift held in June 2014 and neighbors of Dr. McLeod. overlaying a various variety of state of the art issues, this quantity good balances utilized and theoretical examine throughout fourteen contributions by means of specialists within the box.
- Managing the Macroeconomy: Monetary and Exchange Rate Issues in India
- Econometrics: Theory and Applications with E-Views
- The Econometrics of Sequential Trade Models: Theory and Applications Using High Frequency Data
- Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach, 2nd Edition
- Performance Benchmarking: Measuring and Managing Performance
- Introductory Econometrics for Finance
Extra info for An Introduction to Bartlett Correction and Bias Reduction
Performance of a Bartlett-type modification for the deviance. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 51, 385–403. Cordeiro, G. , Aubin, E. C. , & Ferrari, S. L. P. (1995). Bartlett corrections for one-parameter exponential family models. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 53, 211–231. Cordeiro, G. , & Paula, G. A. (1989). Improved likelihood ratio statistics for exponential family nonlinear models. Biometrika, 76, 93–100. Cordeiro, G. , Paula, G. , & Botter, D. A. (1994).
Hayakawa, T. (1977). The likelihood ratio criterion and the asymptotic expansion of its distribution. Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, 29, 359–378. -H. (1986). Finite sample properties and asymptotic efficiency of Monte Carlo tests. Annals of Statistics, 14, 336–347. Lawley, D. N. (1956). A general method for approximating to the distribution of the likelihood ratio criteria. Biometrika, 71, 233–244. Lemonte, A. , & Cordeiro, G. M. (2009). Birnbaum–Saunders nonlinear regression models.
6) is thereby avoided. For GLMs with closed-form expressions for Z , it is possible to obtain simpler expressions for ε p . This formula for ε p is very important to derive corrected LR tests for these models. It can be applied to several special cases of GLMs as discussed by Cordeiro (1983, 1987). Consider now a partition of the p × 1 vector β = (β1∈ , β2∈ )∈ of the linear parameters of the GLM, where β1 = (β1 , . . , βq )∈ and β2 = (βq+1 , . . , β p )∈ for q ∞ p, and an induced partition of the model matrix as X = (X 1 , X 2 ).
An Introduction to Bartlett Correction and Bias Reduction by Gauss M. Cordeiro, Francisco Cribari-Neto