By Barbara Boyd
The international is at your fingertips with iPad!
AARP iPad: Tech to Connect introduces you to the world's most well-liked pill equipment, the iPad, and the entire remarkable issues it has to supply. In transparent, non-technical language, this ebook publications you thru registering and developing your iPad, getting familiar with the multitouch interface, navigating round the monitor, discovering and downloading apps, interpreting books, hearing track, gazing video clips, browsing the internet, and speaking with pals and family.
- Developed in partnership with AARP and devoted to supporting readers remain attached with associates, relations, and group via offering well timed and worthwhile recommendation and options for utilizing tech to connect
- Covers the need-to-know fundamentals like powering up your iPad, getting it registered, and navigating the multitouch interface
- Walks you thru developing your email account, typing with the onscreen keyboard, looking the net, buying on the iTunes store,...
Read Online or Download AARP iPad. Tech to Connect PDF
Best personal computers books
An creation to computing device technological know-how in caricature layout.
Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X takes a realistic, no-nonsense, hands-on, step by step process, jogging you thru the main points of establishing a Cocoa program from begin to end. It explains intimately what the code is doing and why it really works, Cocoa Recipes locations a made up our minds emphasis on getting an software to paintings competently as speedy as attainable.
A advisor to VHDL is meant for the operating engineer who must enhance, record, simulate and synthesize a layout utilizing the VHDL language. it truly is for method and chip designers who're operating with VHDL CAD instruments, and who've a few event programming in Fortran, Pascal, or C and feature used a common sense simulator.
The march of the Android-based drugs has began, together with Galaxy Samsung Tab, Motorola XOOM, corner and extra. yet the place do you begin? And what are you able to do with an Android pill? Taking Your Android drugs to the Max is a one-stop store for clients of all ability degrees, assisting you get the main out of any Android pill.
- Make: Technology on Your Time, Vol. 2
- Pocket PC Network Programming
- Make: Technology on Your Time, Vol. 2
- Taking Your iPad 2 to the Max
- The Business of iPhone and iPad App Development: Making and Marketing Apps that Succeed (2nd Edition)
Additional info for AARP iPad. Tech to Connect
Tap the minus sign on the app you want to close. 4. Press the home button. Organizing Apps and Folders You can rearrange apps so that the ones you use most frequently are at the top of the home screen. Also, you can group apps together in a folder. For example, you could put all gaming apps in a Games folder. You can move apps in and out of the apps bar (aka dock), too. I am moving the Maps app in Figure 2-7. These steps explain how to rearrange apps: 1. Press and hold any app button on your Home screen.
6. Tap the sound you want. It plays when you tap it. 7. Tap the Sounds button, which looks like a fat left-facing arrow. 8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 to change the sound effects for other alerts. You can choose None for any alert except Ringtone. Figure 2-3 Figure 2-4 Changing the Brightness and Wallpaper Sometimes, depending on where you use your iPad and your eyesight, you may need to adjust the brightness of the screen. Follow these steps: 1. Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen. 2. Tap General.
Editing Text You can select text and make it bold, italicized, or underlined; you can indent sentences or paragraphs. You can cut, copy, and paste selected text somewhere else in the message or in a different message or even in a different app, such as Notes or Reminders. If iPad thinks you are misspelling a word, it makes a suggestion just below the word you’re typing. As you type, iPad adjusts the suggestions or deletes it entirely. Tapping the spacebar means you accept the correction. Sometimes iPad is comically, or dreadfully, wrong.
AARP iPad. Tech to Connect by Barbara Boyd