By Jeffrey R. Yost
A vital contribution to the learn of the heritage of desktops, this paintings identifies the computer's effect at the actual, organic, cognitive, and scientific sciences. References primary to the understudied region of the historical past of medical computing additionally rfile the numerous function of the sciences in aiding to form the improvement of computing device know-how. extra widely, the numerous assets on clinical computing support show how the pc used to be the main major clinical tool of the 20 th century.
Read Online or Download A Bibliographic Guide to Resources in Scientific Computing, 1945-1975 PDF
Similar personal computers books
An advent to laptop technology in sketch structure.
Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X takes a realistic, no-nonsense, hands-on, step by step method, strolling you thru the main points of creating a Cocoa program from begin to end. It explains intimately what the code is doing and why it really works, Cocoa Recipes locations a made up our minds emphasis on getting an software to paintings properly as quick as attainable.
A advisor to VHDL is meant for the operating engineer who must boost, rfile, simulate and synthesize a layout utilizing the VHDL language. it really is for method and chip designers who're operating with VHDL CAD instruments, and who've a few event programming in Fortran, Pascal, or C and feature used a good judgment simulator.
The march of the Android-based drugs has began, together with Galaxy Samsung Tab, Motorola XOOM, corner and extra. yet the place do you begin? And what are you able to do with an Android capsule? Taking Your Android capsules to the Max is a one-stop store for clients of all ability degrees, assisting you get the main out of any Android pill.
- Absolute Beginner's Guide to Upgrading and Fixing Your PC
- iPad® For Dummies®, 6th Edition
- The Definitive Guide to Arm® Cortex®-M3 and Cortex®-M4 Processors
- The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition)
- Compute's First Book of Atari
Additional resources for A Bibliographic Guide to Resources in Scientific Computing, 1945-1975
By the 1970s the NSF had refocused its attention and funding toward the newly emerging field of theoretical computer science. Indicates that IBM, rather than institutes of higher education or the government, was the single strongest force at introducing computers to college and university campuses in the middle 1950s. Charts show the breakdown of NSF funding in the following categories: research, education, information systems, and facilities. 70. Backus, John. " Annals of the History of Computing 1:1 (July 1979): 21-37.
154. Robertson, James E. , eds. A History of Computing in the Twentieth Century (New York: Academic Press, 1980): 347-364. Edited version of paper given at International Research Conference on the History of Computing, Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, June 10-15, 1976. Presents the retroperspective view of a graduate student on the development of the ORDVAC and ILLIAC at the University of Illinois, including the principal personnel, characteristics of the machines, provisions for reliability and installations and uses.
149. Norberg, Arthur L. " Business and Economic History 22:1(1993): 181-193. This article details the formation and early development of Engineering Research Associates and the Eckert-Mauchly Computer Company, two firms formed shortly after the end of World War II that built early electronic digital computers that were used for scientific and engineering applications-particularly by the Department of Defense. 150. Pasta, John R. " In S. Fernbach and A. , eds. Computers and Their Role in the Physical Sciences (New York: Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1970): 203-218.
A Bibliographic Guide to Resources in Scientific Computing, 1945-1975 by Jeffrey R. Yost